Precision Door Service strives to provide the highest level of customer service in the industry. We are seeking motivated, high energy self starters with great communication skills to join our team. To apply for a position with Precision Door Service, please read the job listings below and select 'Apply' for the position best suited to your skills and experience.
Apply For A New Career With Precision Door Service Today
You'll work with people who have been well trained and care about their jobs and their customers.
We are looking to make an investment in career-oriented, permanent employees who want a better future for themselves and their families.
Industry-Standard Training and Safety
We provide second-to-none training for our technicians to ensure you’ll be prepared to do the job safely and correctly. We welcome applicants with no previous experience. We will train you to become a certified Precision Door technician.
Competitive Salaries & Benefits
We understand what it takes to raise a family. We offer high earning potential and benefits.
Work For An Industry Leader
Precision Door started in 1986, and is now America’s leading Garage Door and Repair Company. Our Long Island location opened in 2014, and we are looking to grow our team of professionally trained technicians. We have neighboring locations in Northern NJ, Fairfield Connecticut, and Westchester New York.
Precision Door is a Drug Free and Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
If you are limited in the ability to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, please call our office for further assistance.
Sales and Service Technician
We are seeking a technician to sell, repair, install, service and provide solutions for residential garage doors and openers.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- diagnose problems and provide solutions for the customer
- educate customers on the options and benefits of our product offering
- perform on the spot service
- must be able to perform moderate to heavy physical labor in all weather conditions
- must be able to climb and work off of a step ladder
- provide the highest level of customer service
- must maintain safe work environment upon completion of work and ensure job site is clean and clear of debris
- good mechanical aptitude is important
- must be clean cut and have a professional appearance
- exceptional work ethic and strong attendance record
- willingness to learn and be part of a team
- must be able to pass Standard Drug Test
- must possess clean driving record and valid driver's license
- must have flexible schedule to meet customer's needs
- education requirements: H.S.diploma, GED and some college preferred.
- an extensive 2-3 month training program which includes sales and technical training.
- a competitive compensation package with 1st year earning expectation of $50-75K
- a company provided fully stocked truck, tools, uniforms, shoes and safety equipment
- a benefits package, including paid time off
- career advancement
- weekday, weekend and evening hours.
- ongoing training
This apprenticeship program is designed for candidates that have little or no experience in the garage door industry. The program entails 6 months to 1 year of on-the-job training, traveling with existing technicians and installers. Successful candidates will then have one month of classroom training.
To qualify applicants must: